Tips to Enjoy Your Fireplace Safely

News & Information > Tips to Enjoy Your Fireplace Safely
8/21/2017



Nothing beats sitting around a fireplace on a cool, autumn day. However, homeowners must take proper precautions when using fireplaces to avoid damaging their house and endangering loved ones.

If proper care is not taken, fireplaces can cause a multitude of dangers. These include unwanted fires, potential explosions and the release of harmful toxins and carbon monoxide. Here are measures homeowners can take to prevent these dangers from happening:
  • Inspect chimney annually
  • Use your fireplace for less than five hours at a time
  • Keep glass open to prevent chimney from overheating
  • Use screen to prevent embers from escaping the fireplace
  • Keep children away from fireplace while being used
  • Keep consistent air flow in room of fireplace by opening windows or doors
  • Avoid using charcoal due to the release of carbon monoxide
  • Do not use gasoline or other fuel to light the fire
  • Do not burn plastic
  • Minimize use of paper in the fire
  • Make sure no flammable items are close to the fire
  • Clean your chimney regularly

Fireplaces can be great for heating a room and creating a cozy environment in the colder months. Unless proper precautions are taken when using a fireplace, however, a cozy fire can turn into a huge hazard. When using your fireplace, regularly check the condition of the fire and fireplace to make sure you aren’t taking any unnecessary risks.

Cleantec aims to offer helpful information to our clients and friends. Learn more about how we can help should your residence suffer from fire damage. Sign-up for our newsletter to receive helpful information and tips on how to protect your property from fire, water and mold damage.
Back To News & Information



Facility Maintenance
Facility Maintenance


Emergency Restoration
Emergency Restoration


Janitorial Services
Janitorial Services

Window Washing
Window Washing

Construction Cleanup
Post Construction Cleanup

Quick Links

Home

About Us

Services

Employment

Sustainability

News & Information

Contact Us

Contact Info

1232 Tulip Street

Liverpool, NY 13090

Phone: (315) 463-5353

Fax: (315) 463-4029


950 Danby Rd

Suite 225

Ithaca, NY 14850

Phone: (607) 589-7828

Fax: (607) 589-7841

Connect with Us

Connect With Cleantec On Facebook    Coming Soon    Connect With Us On Twitter


Read Unbiased Consumer Reviews Online at AngiesList.com
angieslist.com/review/8091478

Copyright 2018 Cleantec. All rights Reserved.

Website Design by Function One
Contact Us Welcome to Cleantec